Love is free and incapable of being attained. Love is flawless but imperfect at the same time. Love can be between a mother and a father, two sisters or lovers. Whoever it is between, it is powerful. It can surpass anything. It is stronger than hate, pain, hurt, and anything evil. It makes anything and everything better. This is what I believe.
I believe in love. I believe in beautiful things, happiness and joy. I believe in a love that you can feel. Love paints blues brighter and makes smiles last longer. I believe a love that can take you away to a place that is neither here on earth or in the heavens or sky. It takes you to a place that is whatever you allow it to. I believe in love, a love that provokes tears and poetry.
Two years ago, I was not thinking about love. I had a friend, we went out a couple of times and eventually we got into a relationship. It was very different, to say the least. At first he was away at school, but then he decided to join the Marines. I was not happy about the decision, but as a good girlfriend, I supported him regardless. The first three months he was gone was the hardest, but after a while we got accustomed to the long miles that separated us. Long distance relationships are hard, but our love reached passed the miles. Somewhere between the letters and visits, we found love, and we held on to it.
I took a chance on love and a guy who loved me. We lived, we loved, and we learned. Our love was not able to withstand the limits or a relationship and became something greater. Its called eternity. It will last always and forever. Whether he’s in Iraq or Carolina, and I’m in Chicago or Michigan, our love will always last.
So now, even though we are not together, we share something better than a relationship. First, he was a friend, then a boyfriend, and now he’s my best friend. Three different types of love all tied in one. We have both moved on but our bond will never be forgotten. Love is a chameleon. It changes and adjusts to the environment to survive. It can even come in the form of pain or hurt. It never dies but just transforms and matures.
With love, there is a possibility of pain but regardless there should be forgiveness. Forgiving sets you free, me and this guy hurt each other but we forgave. It set us free and allowed us to always cherish the love we share but to also branch out. Almost always, you can’t forgive without pain. But tears are healing; soothing. I have lived through tears that can flood miles and miles but have sailed them on the ship of forgiveness.
The definition of love is ever changing and conforms to fit each situation. There is no wrong or right but only feelings and emotions. I believe in togetherness, unity, love, and forgiveness. Without the willingness to work together, there can be no love, and without love there can be no forgiveness. This is what I believe.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment