Have you ever heard of the statement; if you can believe then you can achieve. Well if so I know you can consider this a true statement. I have had that statement told to me on many different occasions by my mother. I have taken that statement very far into my life thus far, from which I have benefit from. Many people come across this every day where they have something to complete that they just do not feel comfortable doing. I know this because; I have run into this type of situation numerous times.
Every day you use this statement in some kind of way. Whether it is the biggest to the smallest problem that you can not seem to solve, you can always fall back on that to help. To be honest when I was told this, I never found myself to believe in this. Every time that I came into something that was out of reach I just gave up, until I realize that is not what I want to do all the time. When I was around 7 years old, was when I learned how to ride my bike. I was determining to learn how to ride a bike until I kept falling down. I had given up so many times that I knew that if I had just quit right then and there I may not still not know how to ride a bike to this day. But because I did not give up then, I kept trying until I made it. By giving up on everything that happens in your life, you never get the chance of learning from your mistakes. For you to grow in life you first need to have something that you can grow off of, and your mistakes is the best way for you to learn. People often think that if they never see someone make a mistake that they are living a perfect world but as we all know that you are not considered a perfect person unless you have dealt with a mistake or two in your life, because know no one can be perfect in the society that we live in today. I used to often compare myself to others when it came to reading sometimes when I was younger, I would often hear other people read with no mistakes and thought that was the way I wanted to be. But I came to realize something that they are strong in, I might be weak in and vise versa.
Many people realize things much later; I can speak on my behalf for example. When I was toward the end of my sophomore year in high school I found out that I was pregnant. At that moment I was lost at words, unable to leave body language. Thought then came rushing into my head one after another. That’s when I had one to one conversation with my mother, who made me think back on her statement, after she told me I could get through it. Every day I thought about the statement that she shared with me years before that time.
That is when I believed and had the right mind set to say that I believe in if you can believe then you can achieve. I found it very hard to believe that the statement that she had spoke of, would ever be related to my life in this way. But if you do not learn from the problems that you stumble upon, know matter what it is, there is always a way to solve it, you just have to be patient and do what it takes to complete the task for yourself. And this really made me think that this one 8 word statement could make you a much stronger individual if you just use your faith and believe.
Because I had very strong faith in my self I found my life being much easier that what I had anticipated. I was able to go through my whole sophomore and junior finding it easy to complete, I was also working at the time. But by that one statement that the doctor said to me when receiving my results by mouth and my mother true statement. I was able to turn a not so good situation into a very positive situation. I said that to say that weather you come to a situation that seems unbearable to you, just give it a try and if you fail at it try again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment