Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Love Chronicles

Stacy Stewart

Love is a powerful obsession. Stronger than the power of money. Stronger than any drug. But surprisingly not everyone believes this to be so. True love is abstract, something that cannot be touched, not held, but only treasured! Something never seen but its remnants always left behind. Love shows itself in your actions, and takes no true form of its own. When experienced it is something that you will want to hold on to forever. People will kill, steal, and sacrifice themselves to keep it.
I believe in true loves many powers, its different faces, and the results of its unseen presence. Love unlike anything else is everywhere. I believe that I am loved, I have loved, and that I am in love. Not just in love with a guy, but in love with the people who love me, in love with people that need love, in love with life. I have love stories that would last for days, love stories that consist of thousands of pages, love that has proved itself endless.
I had my first encounter with love when I was born. The love by blood, I was loved because the blood that ran through my veins ran through theirs. My parents have a love for me, and are loved by me. We three share a love that is undying, I see love in their eyes, hear it in their voice, and feel it in their touch. Constant love is experienced by family. Sweet gestures, warm hugs, bright smiles, my family. A family that openly invites me into their hearts.
My next happenstance with love would be most expected, the love of friends. Friends who helped comfort me in my times of need, wiped me tears when I had no tissue, shared my joy, felt my pain. My friends stuck by me when I was at my lowest point and my family life wasn’t going quite right. Friends who stuck around through the arguments, disagreements, and misunderstandings. I try to make sure that I provide them with as much love and care as they provide me with. Friends are always there to give their love and support, and best of all advice without judgment.
The next occurrence of love was unintentional, unplanned, and strictly spontaneous. The love felt from a special someone, a love that has kept my secrets, supported my ventures, and created many smiles. A true love that has not only provided me with its normal side effects, but a love that has provided me with new wisdom. I grasped the understanding of the art of communication, compassion, selflessness, and trust. I feel as though these are lessons that I can always carry with me even if he is not around. A love that has exposed me to pain, confusion, but at the same time a distorted clarity. I remember our phone conversation when he had openly admitted to me that he loved me. At that moment I realized all of his sincerity, and how much he cared. That moment was the same moment in which I understood that this was true love. Never will I forget the moment in which my friend had become way more than just a friend, but we had become the perfect match. Neither of us are perfect but we understand that love is not about perfection but accepting each other for their flawed reality. Together we are perfect and his lacks what I require, and I provide what he is missing, I guess u can call this a symbiotic relationship. His presence meant so much more at that moment. He had been fully integrated into the essence of me. His love is unconditional and my love for him is unconditional. A love that I never want to live without, his loved has helped me grow.
I trust in love! I accept love! I believe in true love! Love is of an abundance, something that never ends, doesn’t cost, and provides a ecstasy nothing else can!

No comments:

Post a Comment