Lies get you nowhere in life, except some place you don’t want to be. Someone once told me, “once you tell a lie, you have to tell another one to catch up with the one you just told before that, and before you know it, you’ve got yourself caught up in a million lies that started just because of one.” Telling lies are wrong.
I love telling lies. I love telling them so much because I never got caught up in any lie I’ve ever told until recently, which really sucks because I was on the track of improving my lying skills. Although I tell lies a lot, I don’t believe in lies because they make your life more difficult than it really has to be. I tell lies to make people happy and to satisfy the miserable life that I live today. Sometimes making other people happy might up my happiness. Telling people lies that make them feel happy because they are sick are okay. Telling a person lies because you just want to get away with something is not okay. For me, lying doesn’t make me happy and sometimes lying to other people doesn’t make me help either.
When I got pregnant right after freshman year, I lied to myself saying everything was okay and it wasn‘t. To top it off, it got worse. My mother made me have an abortion that I didn’t want to have and two months after the abortion, my grandmother died. She was like my best friend and the only person that really understood me. I felt like a no one in this world of millions of people at that point I wanted to die. Again, I told myself another lie saying it was going to be okay and she died because “God” called her home but that didn’t make me feel any better and was really not the case.
When I was pregnant all I could think of was raising a baby of my own. Caring for it, watching it grow, learning to understand it when he/she got older, being there no matter what and always doing what was right to support it. Now, I always think it’s not possible and could never happen because of the possibility of me having to have another abortion if I get pregnant at the wrong age in my life. Some days I wish I could go back in time and change my mistakes and become a virgin again so I wouldn’t have to deal with all the pain and drama of love and getting pregnant. I also wouldn’t have to worry about who my boyfriend is cheating on me with or who he is having sex with because I could careless, because I haven’t given him my all yet. I wouldn’t worry about who he would be talking to at his school because I would be doing my own thing at my school.
Hopefully, at my school I can work on me and learn to support only me without having to worry about other people and their needs. Lying never got me anywhere even though I was slick. You can be slick and still get caught in a lie. This I believe with a strong passion. I hope that I soon realize this because I do still have a problem with lying and the more I stop lying the better my life could possibly get. I also hope that the people who lie as well will soon realize that there’s no purpose and they soon will be caught in a tight bond between telling the truth and lying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment