Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mr. Hip-Hopper by Darnell Blakemore

Rhythm of the beat run in and the boom clap of the drums, sound of the roaring crowd screaming my name. Grabbing the microphone counting in 1, 2, 3 Go Crazy! The strings take over my soul and I am already working up a sweat. Time to take a brake and grab my water bottle and it is back to the music. But before that life style I wasn’t known as the hip-hopper. I remember when my cousin and my uncle asking me if I wanted to rap with them. I said yes just because I wanted to feel cool in a since. Really didn’t have an interest in rapping. On stage, hands shaking, palms sweaty from the fear of the crowd and the lime light shinning in my face. I choked. My words were mumbled and voice was shaky. Some clapped and some laughed. I could see the excitement of the crowd before I started rapping. They wanted me to do well. They loved the hip-hop. So that made me wanted to learn this art. As the time passed I honed this craft.

Hip-Hop is the key to this generation’s heart. Hearing the bass kick in from a down south beat, or the extensive wording of an east coast rapper. The vibe of the mid-west is the best. Saying anything you want and the laid back feeling of a west coast rapper. I also think that hip-hop has its down falls. Sometimes it can make us want to be just like that guy in the video. Dreaming of how it would be like to have three or four crib’s with a garage full or high classed whips. Or even for a girl to want to have the perfect body just like what’s her name off of ol dude video. C.R.E.A.M! Hip-hop can put us in the mood of being angry but also somehow make us feel good. You may wonder why I say I believe in hip-hop. Being a Christian rapper has a lot to do with me believing in the hip-hop movement. This is just something I do in just too by pass time. This is a gift that I have and that I use to the best of my abilities. How can a Christian be a hip-hopper? It is merely Christ-in-a-hip-hopper. Not hear to preach your ears off but to encourage other believers and find a way to get to others hearts. And through music I find it very easy to express the way I feel and the to spread the gospel.

These examples of hip-hop that ima bout to explain. The good, the bad, and the heartless of this game. Hip-hop, ima hip-hop over to the tick-tock of the shinny wrist watch. Let the time pick-pocket the grind of the kid, cops around time to flip-flop on the ground as his two feet run around on the pavement and the sound of the car chasing bullets flying pass ya face and as I switch the flow can you hear what im spilling? Hands sky high try to touch the freaking ceiling. Feeling I don’t give a f if u feel me. I hope my words sting like the bite of a killing……and I’ll give her anything if she ask for it. Fast-forward. Give her the card don’t give her cash for it. Riding down the streets making loud noise. Something like a bad girl what can I be mad for. And as im headed out the back door speeding on the highway trying to get back to her. And the moral of the story is the movement it originated in New York look how it moved kid. The blues did throw some rock to it Mr. Hip-hopper not a new boy or cool kid. Not tryna diss the cool kids they some fools for having that black mags blueprint 3 for the smoothest young money do this jeezy for the hood kanyeezy on some new ish. Nerd outa space and lupe the skate boarder on the pace and Gucci maine came through it. Common Sense for ya brain biggie and pac did the same and Nas kill’s the blueprint. Im something like the truth kinda stupid. And hip-hop just changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment