Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Truth in Miracles by Shaina Randle

I realize miracles come in all shapes and sizes. Whether it’s something as simple as miracles in sports history or something as extreme as a person’s life. I finally realized this last year when I got to spend the last few days with my auntie.
For some there are no such things as miracle. For others a miracle is simply an unexpected event or a wonderful surprise. For me miracles are the feeling that God has intervened mysteriously into my life. All of life is a miracle, love, eating, sleeping, and having a home and even just living.
I nearly gave up on hoping for miracles, with the continuous pain and suffer in my life. Little did I know all this would change. My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer and had fought it off for year. Until two years ago when she became extremely ill. Come to find out the breast cancer along with lung cancer had come back. The doctor only gave her three months to live, but she proved them wrong. We got to spend another two years with her. I believe all miracles happen for a reason and I believe she fought the cancer so long because she wanted to spend more time with her grand kids and let her daughter know that she is strong enough to make it on her own.
The word miracle has become somewhat of a cliché. Like when someone says it was a miracle that I made it to school on time, since I woke up late. To me miracles are so much more. Take for instance the plane crash in the Hudson River were hundreds of people were all bunched up on the wings of the plane, all surviving the crash. It wasn’t a miracle because it had no explanation. It was a miracle because people experienced it as a miracle. It was a miracle because nothing like it had ever happened before to the people who experienced it. It was a miracle because it happened when something extraordinary was most needed.
I believe miracles aren’t things that we can make happen but events that happen on their own. We are all surrounded by miracles everyday but we fail to understand what miracles really are. It is a miracle just to wake up each day with a chance of being around the people I love. It’s a miracle to be able to go to school in the morning and come back to a home, where I am blessed to have food to eat and a place to sleep. It is a miracle because not everybody gets this chance.
A miracle happens to us for a reason, big or small. There are some that don’t believe in miracles and I wonder, how will you ever experience a miracle if you never know what a miracle really is? Miracles aren’t things we can control but they do come when we need them the most. We are living proof of a miracle. We are living miracles whether you believe or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment