Love, sickness, stress and are some things that can make one weak. Acquiring these symptoms can break you and can change the way you live your life. One main symptom that can either make you or break you is guilt. Guilt it is the very nerve of distress caused by loss, affliction, and disappointment. Guilt is an affective condition in which one experiences conflict at having done something that one believes one should not have done or having not done something one believes one should have done. When guilt comes on you I believe you can be either get weaker or get stronger.
Everybody one way or the other feel a sense of guilt, after we have acquired guilt what we make out it is what really matters. In most cases people will say to themselves, “I haven’t done anything wrong so I don’t know why I feel guilty”. Right, it is quite gratifying to feel guilty if you haven’t done anything wrong or on the other hand you can just admit that you are guilty and repent. I remember one time during soccer practice one of my team mates said he had a girlfriend, which we all kind of found that impossible to believe but we just said ok and just let it go. After school one day as we all was talking by our coaches room his girlfriend happened to walk by, so we invited her in and asked her if they were a couple. She looked at him stupid and replied “heck no, I don’t go with him”. In this situation he could have just let it go and probably said ok guys “I told a lie and I don’t go with her”, but he didn’t he kept on defending and then the girl said “I already have a boyfriend”. He looked stupid and just walked away. When he realized that he was guilty he could have made himself stronger by telling the truth but instead he became weak by continuing to tell the lie which he started.
One thing I have come to realize is that whenever there is guilt there should be regret. Guilt is regret for what we’ve done and regret is guilt for what we didn’t do. When one is guilty they should regret whatever they did which put them in such situation, look at it and become a better person next time. Most at times one can be got in a period of guilt and since they don’t want to feel shame they decide not to make it a big issue, but whether it is big or small, accept it and deal with the consequences that comes with it. For instance when I go to church on Sundays I am being told to do the right thing but at times I catch myself in the midst of doing something wrong, I accept the fact that I am guilty and then grow from it. Accepting this feeling of guilt makes me a stronger and a better person.
Unlike all the other things that brings strength and discomfort and even makes you weaker, guilt is one which you as an individual chooses to make you stronger or make you weaker when u experience it. Even if you don’t become stronger it might make others stronger, because in society some are guilty but all are responsible. It is really nice to know that society is using their guilt to make them stronger, even though they might not admit it. This will explain why some people do bad and later on do a charitable deed, although they might say they are doing their charitable work not because of guilt but because they can afford to, it is all a sense of guilt. Although it bad and no one wants it, guilt can make one stronger and also better society.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment