Love. This is a four letter word that no one really knows the meaning of, yet people always say it. I was told that love had many definitions. One could have love for a friend, a family member, or a special someone. When I was younger, my mother would tell me, “Be patient, love doesn’t come easily.” This was unclear because I loved her easily. I guess this was one of those things you had to be older to understand. I remember telling numerous amounts of people that I loved them, but what did I mean? I never really understood love that was until I met my first love. I believe that everyone will find their one true love.
This all began back in 2006, my freshmen year, when I sill had no clue as to what love was. I was introduced to Tj by my best friend, who happens to be his brother. If I was told then that love was right under my nose, I would have laughed so hard that I cried. Tj and I became good friends, and soon after that we started dating. We were in complete infatuation with one another. One year had soon pasted and we were still together. We had started using that “love” word very causally by yet, I still was not quit sure of the definition behind the word. One day, I asked him what did loving me mean to him. He replied, “ Being in love with you means that I will always be here, no matter what, I will always be the one person you can count on, the person who will help you out with any and every situation, I will be your boyfriend your best friend.” I thought to my self, and asked myself if this was how I felt about him. The answer was yes. At this very moment, I had got my first taste of what I thought true love was.
Two years had pasted, and we were still going strong. We had issues, but we made it work. Love was so clear now. It was this feeling I got every time I saw him, or every time we hugged. It was so passionate that the only reason I felt this way was because of love. It was official. I loved him. But, maybe my mouth spoke to soon. Right around our third year mark, more and more problems started to occur. The definition that I thought was love, the one that I thought was so clear, was so hazy now. I knew how I felt about him, but I no longer knew how he felt about me.
Our relationship soon ended. Now, I wonder if I ever experienced love. My question still remains unanswered. What is love? I believe that one day; I will find the real meaning of true love, and that everyone will have a chance to find their one true love. I just don’t think what went through was love, maybe it love has stages and I jus went through the first one. Maybe I just haven’t had my time to experience all the wonderful parts of love yet. Maybe, just maybe when I lest expect it, love catch me by surprise. But, like my mother told me, ill be patient. One day love will find me. I hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment