Tuesday, September 29, 2009

By Roslyn Sipp

Fractious love, pain and deceit, all of these feelings inside of me. I’m sick of the way people say, love is magic and love conquers all! I can’t find these feelings at all. Not that I’m searching but if love is so magical then shouldn’t it come naturally? I’m just sitting here thinking, all the times I’ve been hurt or heartbroken by someone I thought loved me. I promised never to believe in love again. But like everyone says, it’s always that certain someone who brightens your day. Then it occurred to me, all the things he says to me.
“Roz listen to me! I’m trying to keep you out of trouble. I don’t want to scream at you but you’re my sister and I have to”
Of course, I don’t want to hear it. Not along with everything else he fuss and scream about. My brother is just a burden in my ear. When he screams I walk away, but deep down inside I know he right and he change my way of thinking. My brother Lawrence sipp, is the only guy I can trust. He is always there for me, no matter what. And he will do anything for me.
It makes me laugh when I think about how he continues to push away so many boys who try and talk to me. At my seventeenth birthday party, he wouldn’t let my boyfriend come no where near me. I don’t fully understand the reason why, all I know is that he wasn’t trying to be mean. He just loved me the way I should have loved myself. That’s what brothers are supposed to do.

However, since my father been dead, I’ve never met a decent man. The guys I know are cowards. They do not provide good love, money and support for their families.
They act more like women and women act more like men, because they have no other choice. All of these feelings just changed one day. The day I opened my eyes and realized that my brother is not just my brother but my father and most of all, my best friend.
He inspired me to believe in love. Now I know that all love is not fractious, painful, and deceitful. That was just my way of thinking. After 17 years living with my brother, he taught me that love can be magical and it can definitely conquer many things. It never occurred to me that there was somebody next to me all this time that loves me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment