Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This I Believe by: Jesmine Howard

I am always willing to help the ones I love. My family and friends are there in times of hardships and triumph. It’s only right to return the favor. When I treat others good they treat me well. I believe in karma, “what goes around comes around.’ This I believe.
There have been many situations where I have encountered good and bad karma. I received good karma in the form of money. For instance, once I only had five dollars in my pocket. This was the last of my money. A close friend called and ask me for five dollars I didn’t want to say no because I can call him for anything. I had good intentions so I said yes. Later on that day I received twenty dollars from a family member who just wanted to be generous. By not being selfish and sharing with someone in their time of need my money was doubled. I always give to my family and friends because I know when I need them; they are always there in my corner.
However, there has been a time in my life when I have encountered bad karma also. The statement, “Treat others how you would want to be treated” is true. This I believe. Once my brother and I had a disagreement about using and taking other people property even though you know it’s wrong. You see at times I can be self centered and this was one of those days. I said some negative things about my brother that I shouldn’t have said. Then I was wrong and was not willing to admit. The consequences of my actions were I dropped my phone in the toilet. Karma can come in many forms small and large.
Now I try to be a better person. I give help to others when needed. I learned that I am a selfish person and at times and that it’s okay to share. When you have good intentions and actions good things will come. When you have bad intentions and actions your karma is bad. It might take time and patience but I personally would take good karma over bad karma. I can never forget the statement, “What goes around comes around.” I believe in karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment