Music brings out a very special way for any person to bring out their true selves. I believe in the groove of music all over the world. Many different musicians have different feels for their music which affects their groove. I believe that as a musician plays their music they should adapt to a specific groove throughout the entire song. Doing this will bring the people they are trying to play to, to understand how passionate and dedicated they really are to their groove. When I play my instrument, which is the drums, the groove I make relates to my life. If it is a slow groove then I would groove as though I am hurt or in bad need of something. A musician’s groove should be very sincere.
When I first played the drums I could remember that my groove was not as dedicated to the song as it should have been. I sat down on the drums and felt as though there was no purpose in the song so why play a nice groove. I played the song so why play a nice groove. I played the song weak as the other musicians had their nice set grooves. I would watch how the audience responded to them but not to me. I wanted to get the same in return. I wondered what I had to do to catch the attention of others. Since my life was always surrounded by music it did not take me long to be able to actually learn how to live the music I was playing. My other musician friends would tell me that there was no point in playing a song if you had no set groove there. They used to say it was like playing in vain.
I suddenly remember when I had numerous of people coming up to me two years later speaking on how much I have improved. People were actually saying that they felt my groove in me and through them as I began to play that night. I had played three numbers that night. The grooves were fast and some were slow but I still somehow maintained the groove that I had established. Through it all they felt my groove through them. It felt amazing to have people come up to me and tell me what wonderful job I did and how I could draw somebody to the real world and help them understand life through what I was playing. From this I could suddenly see my development as a musician. This encouraged me to continue to press on.
Taking a hold of another instrument played a major role in my groove development as well. Playing the piano and the bass guitar set the tone completely. The dark sound of the bass as I tap my foot as my fingers runs straight through the bass strings. This helps my foot when I got on the drums and moved my right leg up and down to slam on the bass drum to the rhythm of the bass guitar. The chords on the keyboard ran through my body like a strong sensation and encouraged me to close my eyes and understand what it was that I was doing. These were not my instruments but I adapted to them as though they were mine and they helped me to improve what my set groove was.
There are not many musicians all over the world. There are many people who just love the sound of music. I believe everyone can set a groove even if they are not playing an instrument. People groove many different ways all over the world. It is amazing when everyone comes together and we all close our eyes and fully understand what it is that all of the musicians are trying to deliver. Music plays a very special role in the human brain. It controls the way we think and even sometimes what we do. I believe in a set groove that is adapted to the artist. Grooving can come to life only if you make it come alive. Because I adapted to grooving, my name is Lil Drumma Gurl. My groove is my life.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment