Mistakes are meant to be made, but when there is more than one mistake that can become a problem to most people. Doing the right thing at first can change all function of your bad luck. This leaves you free from drama, calm, and not filled with guilt. Doing the right thing is being true to yourself and others. This can also help you be more responsible for your action and show you that you should think of the consequences before taking action into your own hands. I know this can help others; it helped me.
When I was young, around the age of 10-12 years old, I found myself hanging with the wrong crowd. All my so called friends were thieves and crooks. After hanging with them for so long I even started to feel that maybe this is the way to go, but I never stole anything. I always knew that there were serious consequences behind stealing. So, my friend and I went to Blockbuster. We were with my aunt; she was renting movies for the weekend. My friend saw some candy he wanted but he did not have any money to buy it, so he grabbed the candy and stuck it in his pocket. I thought of doing the same but I figured that I should do the right thing and also mama did not raise any fool. So I did not take the candy; even though it was not any one coming I still wanted that one piece of candy. Before I could make up my mind it was time to go and my friend was gone. We did not know where he had gone but we knew he did not leave.
Later on a few minutes before we were about to pull off in the car a person came running out of the store. He asked us did we know what had happen to the boy who was with us and we all said no, the cashier told us that he was taken to the back because he had stole some candy from the store. We all headed back in the Blockbuster to see what had happened. The security was questioning him about why he had stolen the candy; my friend was scared to answer because he thought he was going to go to the juvenile center. So my aunt and I had to go get his mother in order for security to release him. In my mind I thought about what could have happen to me and how long I could have been on punishment. My friend vowed not to steal again, he vowed to do the right thing no matter what the cause and effect was.
Doing the right thing was something I had to witness and also experience to learn on my own. Consequences could be worse on you for doing something illegal or even doing something that you have no business doing at all. This has changed me as a person, it has made its toll on me. People are made to make mistakes, but people are made to decide their route to success. This helps other individuals know that things that are good for you sometimes can wait for its time. If you know that you are stuck in a jam and need a way out think, go over your options. First the bad than the good and decide which is right only you will know which is which, reveal the truth.
In conclusion, doing the right thing can change the outcome of situations and it can also break you in tough situations. You can get put in a dangerous position without being truthful in most occasions. People chose to make their own way through life and not follow by rules, but they know that they have a choice always one or the other. Do the right thing.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment