Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Society Effect

People progressively change over time. There are many reasons to a change in personality and life style. There are times when there are unkown causes for someone
to change who the they are. It can be because of a troubles at home or everyday tragedies. Change can be for good or the bad. I am not only a witness of the changing of life styles but I am also the victim.
As a young kid, I did things more my own way. I closed out everyone with my anger and bad temper. I was somewhat socially disordered. I had very few friends but they were not considered to be true friends. Sometimes I just stayed away from people completely for no reason. I just found any reason not to talk to anyone. If someone broke the trust I had for them, I would never forgive or take ever again. Even petty things like lying during a game. What I did not understand was that life is hard people to completely understand you. People notice how I did not like to be around other much, so they tried to change me.
I did not like whole idea of change, mostly because I was not changing on my own. My peers and classmates figured changing the way I was for the good. The whole process of change started in elementary school during the fifth grade. They tried to change me like the media changes teens in society. I started to notice as I attended middle school that change was coming into effect. I changed the way I think, dress, and talk. After all the changes, they were not the key reason for my brand new mind set.
The society is what changed me and other people who live urban areas. I caught myself as a young teenager studying the high school kids, as if they were role models. I learned over the years that society imitates hip hop music and other influential media. I made the connection with what people wear at school to what artists wear in their videos. It is a fact that I made a change through hip hop music. When I think sometimes, I feel as if I am a sell out to myself and everything I stood for. I really did not believe in anything. Even though after all the changes, I have benefited from it. I am more open socially and mentally. It is not too hard to say, I changed for the better.
Even I have done this when I was younger, I notice now that I am in my senior year that younger teens and kids look up to me. People change because of hip hop music or the common that they are just not using. Not only can people be changes by their peers or role models, but they mostly change because of their society brainwash or corrupts their mines. There is no looking back after making a new me. There are somethings I am not proud of after a big change but I am still me. Everyone changes in their life time, even they have a option or not. “The old me is dead and gone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment